Nina offers in-person and online workshops to individuals and groups.
Fees are generally based on Nina’s hourly rate of $50/hour, fee per student, plus disbursements. Costs may vary according to the specific circumstance. Group rates are available and fees per course are negotiable for groups.
Inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on workshops and tutorials, or to schedule an appearance.
Presentations, Workshops & Tutorials include:
Writing Process & Writing Craft:
- The Hero’s Journey Plot with Character Archetypes
- Story Construction & Storyboarding
- Five Steps from Idea to Story
- Ten Steps to Fiction Writing
- The Writer’s Toolkit Workshop
- Charismatic Characters & Dramatizing Premise
- Setting & Place in Story
- Ecology and Story
- World Building in Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Self-Editing: Revisions & Polish
- Novel Writing I: Beginning, Middle, End
- Novel Writing 2: Idea, Plot, Theme & Character
- Voice & Narration
- Using Metaphor and Senses in Writing
- Storytelling Techniques in Non-Fiction
- Writing the Memoir: from idea to storytelling
- Writing the Short Story
- Writing Science Fiction
- Writing Eco-Fiction
- Magazine Article Writing
- Technical & Scientific Writing
- Master Fiction Writing Class (using students’ WIPs)
- How to Conduct Research
Marketing & Promotion:
- Using Social Media to Promote Yourself
- Query letters, Pitches & other Summaries
- Using the Hybrid Model in Writing & Publishing
- Self-Publishing: Things to Know
Refer to individual pages for a summary of any course listed here.
Nina Munteanu is an ecologist and internationally published author of award-nominated speculative novels, short stories and non-fiction. She is co-editor of Europa SF and currently teaches writing courses at George Brown College and the University of Toronto.
Workshop Photo by Lisa Mininni; website: http://www.lisaphoto.ca