TEACHING: (LECTURE / WORKSHOP / TUTORIAL)
Nina provides the following Writing Instruction:
- Courses/Workshops on Writing Craft Elements (5-15 people). Writing groups and other interest groups can book Nina for a workshop through firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tutorial Sessions on Writing Craft (with a focus on a writer’s specific WIP needs). Individuals can book Nina for a tutorial either as part of ongoing manuscript evaluation or through key interest/need.
- Tutorial Sessions on Storyboarding (including working with premise, story promise, characterization and theme & Story Creation). Individuals can book Nina for an in-person or online tutorial/consultation.
Courses are taught in a workshop style and may run from several hours to several weeks. Times and schedules are custom-designed to an individual’s and group’s needs. Courses consist of lecture and interactive discussion in-person or in live-streaming webinar venues with optional homework assignments and chat follow-up.
Nina also teaches writing at university and college in Toronto:
- University of Toronto, Department of Science & Engineering, ECP: ASP111/112 — Communication Instructor
- George Brown College, Continuing Education, Liberal Arts Studies: Creating Science Fiction (part of the creative writing certificate) — Writing Instructor
To register for a writing course with Nina, contact the registrar.
Workshops & Tutorials include:
- The Hero’s Journey Plot with Character Archetypes
- Story Construction & Storyboarding
- Five Steps from Idea to Story
- Ten Steps to Fiction Writing
- The Writer’s Toolkit Workshop
- Charismatic Characters & Dramatizing Premise
- Setting & Place in Story
- Self-Editing: Revisions & Polish
- Novel Writing I: Beginning, Middle, End
- Novel Writing 2: Idea, Plot, Theme & Character
- Using Metaphor and Senses in Writing
- Storytelling Techniques in Non-Fiction
- Writing the Memoir: from idea to storytelling
- Writing the Short Story
- Writing Science Fiction
- How to Conduct Research
- Using Social Media to Promote Yourself
- Query letters, Pitches & other Summaries
- Magazine Article Writing
- Master Fiction Writing Class
Nina offers individual and group in-person and online courses. Group rates are available and fees per course are negotiable for groups. Inquire at email@example.com for more information on workshops and tutorials, or to schedule an appearance.
Nina offers in-person and online coaching services. The service depends on the need and circumstance of the client, and includes manuscript evaluation & review, copy-editing, structural editing, and proofing in addition to consultation on story and other aspects of writing, language and storytelling. Nina’s coaching often includes tutorials that enable the writer to incorporate what they learn in future works.
See Nina’s Services & Fees Page for more about what coaching services Nina offers. Visit the Major Services Page for details of Nina’s Coaching Services. See her Example Evaluation Page for an example manuscript review.
One thought on “Teaching/Coaching”
Pingback: Beating Today’s “S” Curve (or Why an Editor is Every Writer’s Best Friend) | Nina Munteanu Writing Coach